Community Camera Program
Do you use private video surveillance at your home or business that records video? If you do, the Breckinridge County Sheriff's Office would like your help.
Video camera footage is an additional method we can use to help us find criminals and get additional information when a crime is committed. The Breckinridge County Sheriff's Office is asking citizens and businesses in the community to register their privately-owned surveillance camera systems. When a crime happens in your area, we may be able to see something useful on your camera footage which may help apprehend/convict a criminal. You would only be contacted if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your camera(s) as indicated by your submitted information.
Things you should know...
The goal of this program is to deter crime and encourage public safety through a collaboration between the Breckinridge County Sheriff's Office and the citizens we serve. Accordingly, everyone that registers must agree to the following terms/conditions:
- The Breckinridge County Sheriff's Office cannot access or view your video remotely. You ARE NOT giving us access to your camera system.
- If we think it will help in an investigation, the Breckinridge County Sheriff's Office will contact you using the information provided by you at the time of registration, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- Any and all video surveillance footage shall continue to remain your property until it is requested by the Breckinridge County Sheriff's Office and collected by the Breckinridge County Sheriff's Office.
- Your participation in this program SHALL NOT be an obligation to release any surveillance video to the Breckinridge County Sheriff's Office upon request.
- Footage from your security camera containing, or related to criminal activity collected by the Breckinridge County Sheriff's Office could be used as evidence.
- Under no circumstances shall participants act as an agent and/or employee of the Breckinridge County Sheriff's Office through this program.
Yes I want to participate in the Community Camera Program!
Please enter the following information completely.